Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you start vaulting?

I'm enthusiastic when it comes to this sport. I have a facility and a horse to start with so far. I contacted the AVA about how to get started but I still have more questions. How do you find an instructor,team,tack,make a vaulting barrel, and do this as low cost as possible. It has to be this way because I also am a hunter/jumper,dressage rider,ballet dancer,involved in a singing and dancing group, and will soon be doing cheer leading.|||Here is the USEF vaulting site http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/breedsDisci鈥?/a>





That should be helpful. My 13 year old pinto dutch horse was imported to the US from Holland as a vaulting horse; he was used by a team in southern CA. I bought him 2 years ago and am now showing 3rd/4th dressage. Training piaffe, passage, pirouette, changes every stride. He does have a dead rhythmic canter and a great mind!|||Here in Australia we have whats called the EFA (Equine Federation of Australia)


On our website there are links to all disciplines supported by EFA. If you follow our vaulting link, it will tell you the location and phone number of your nearest Vaulting Team.





So wherever you are, search for something like our Equine Federation. You could also ask at your Pony Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment