Thursday, November 24, 2011

Can you vault on a horse or pony? :)?

I mean bareback. What's the tallest horse you've ever vaulted on?


%26amp; how do you do it? Do you vault while the horse is moving,or face his tail before swinging up? Or do you take a few steps of a run up,jump and hold yourself up while swinging your right leg over the horses back?


I personally do it the third way,I find it much easier. The highest I've ever vaulted onto was a 16h TB cross. Proooud ;)





Just wondering:)|||My horse who is only 14.1hh :P not all that impressive but I can also do it while he wanders around (no manners, just the way I raised him) so I reckon I deserve bonus points ;) 16hh is mahooosive, I shall have to rob someone's horse and see if I can do that lmao (maybe with a step ladder..)





I just sort of jump on lmao I have to take a run up then I just bounce on and use his mane to pull me up :P there really isn't method to my madness tbh I shall have to analyse one day aha|||I vault on, I can't do it from the ground, but I can do it from a run up. I face the horses barrel, take 3 steps then jump and swing my leg up and over.


Highest I've ever vaulted was a 16hh cob. In my lesson we had a 16hh, a 15hh and a 13hh, and I did them in a line, on and over the 13, on and over the 15, and then on the 16. Quite proud of that ;D|||can't vault to save my life. tryed it on a 13.2hh pony and came sraight off the other side and face planted the arena. did it again afterwards and stayed on. quit embarrassing as i was doing a demo for my riding teachers pony camp :S. since this incedent unless the horse is stupidly small i have used a mounting block, back, fence, gate e.c.t.|||highest attempted is 18.1hh (failed miserably)


highest achieved 12.2hh (i swung onto a 13.3hh but he started moving before i was able to get centered and had to slide off again)





usually i just try and grab mane and swing up and over|||I suck at vaulting :P.


The highest I've got onto was my old 13.3hh loan pony - and it usually took a few efforts! I usually did the third way, though the difficulty I had with that was I'd take a few steps back and he'd sod off because he knew what was coming!|||yes i can :D


I vault erm, the proper way lol, facing the tail and swinging up.


the biggest horse i have ever done it on would be a 15.1hh welsh sec D cross.





16hh? very impressive ;) don't think i would manage that cause i'm only short :P|||I swing on facing the horses tail then take a step back and swing. It's all easier when you have springs in your legs lol. It took me a while to learn how. And he tallest horse would be 15.3hh QH.|||I can vault on my 16.2hh Tennessee Walking Horse but only because I have longer legs than most people I know lol.|||My 16.1 TB|||I vaulted onto a 17hh horse once, just to prove I could. I'm over 40 now and can still vault, but probably not that high anymore. I can still vault onto my 15.3hh mare. These are the two ways I do it (from a question I just answered the other day):





You can do a standing vault or a running vault, but the key thing for either one is to LOOK DOWN while vaulting. You cannot get your butt up high enough unless your head is down. Vaulting is hard to learn at first but once you "get it" you'll be able to do it all the time.





Standing: Stand even with his front legs, facing backwards. Take one big step backwards, and stand there with your feet together. Hold onto the mane with your left hand. With your left foot, take that big step forward, ending with your foot next to his, LOOK DOWN, and swing yourself up into the saddle by connecting the muscles of your arm, stomach, and jumping off your left foot. Keep your eye on his hoof to help you keep your head down.





Running: Run alongside your trotting horse, even with his front legs, with your right hand holding his mane. When you're ready, hop off both of your feet, LOOK DOWN, and use your arm, stomach, legs, and forward momentum to pull yourself up and into the saddle. Again, keep your eye on his hoof to keep your head down.

No comments:

Post a Comment