Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Can vaulting effect your ballet?

can vaulting on horses affect your turn out in ballet? would it give you stiff thighs? I do ballet but love horses and gmnastics and wanted to combin them both|||It depends on whether or not you want to be a professional ballet dancer or if you want to do a bunch of different things. Ballet is a great base for lots of activities, figure skating, gymnastics and vaulting... but if you want to be a pro at ballet, than you should do only ballet. When I got to a certain point in my dancing, my ballet teacher asked me to quit tap, jazz and hip hop because those dances were developing my muscles in opposing ways. Great if you want to be a versatile dancer or a dance studio owner or choreographer... I could go on and on... not so great if you want to be a prima. It sounds to me like you should do what makes you happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment