Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gymnastics. . . vaulting?

I have a vault fear, I don't know why. Does any one have any tips. I don't run fast either. How do you make yourself not slow down at the spring board. Vaulting is the only problem I have. for most vault is the easiest but not for me. Many are scared of beam but not I. I will do like anything on beam. But vault running up to it and it not being right there scares me and I don't have a clue why b/c I used to be really good at vault. But I was originally taught on a horse vault and I think the change of vaults threw me off a lot. Because once I started on the table I had to get used to reaching and all that stuff, on horse I didn't have to worry about that. Any suggestions of what you think?|||Just run as hard and as fast as you can and then when you get to the board picture it as someone you hate so you will punch it really hard. Hopefully that will give you enough power to reach your hands out and get a better score. What level are you? When you go level 8 I suggest you do a roundoff backhand spring backtuck and not a halfon backtuck because if you are a slow vaulter those usually work better. Good luck!!! I'm not good at vault either.|||Sorry i really cant help to much but ive never used the new vault either. however it looks easier.|||I'm a gymnast too, and I can totally understand, most people on earth would think that it was crazy to run as fast as you can into a stationary object, anyway :). I would suggest just getting over your fear of going over the vault first. Even if it means lowering the vault down as far as it goes, and practically walking down the runway. at least try to jump on the vault. Just try to get comfortable going over the new vault, eventually you'll feel like you can do more stuff, and then just start raising the vault, and making your run faster. Also, if you can, try doing front tucks over the vault, I know its really scary, but once you can do that everything else will be so much easier. Hope I helped :)|||vaulting is very hard, but it is not my best either. thats ok. With pratice and trying to get over your fear it will come. Try running faster. I know it may sound better to run slow, but really its not.. hope this helped!! BTW what level r u?? i am a level 5|||Maybe try to pretend its the horse? but still reach really far.

No comments:

Post a Comment