Friday, December 2, 2011

What to do on a horse bare back?

We walk, trot, canter. I stood on his back, rode him backwards, laid on him, steered with my feet and did the basic pre-vaulting movements.





I'm trying to think of more things to do....





I use him to teach beginners, so I want him completely used to crazy stuff. He's the most comfortable horse to ride bareback, so now I'm addicted.





We might try jumping once he's back in shape (he's had 2 weeks off).





We're gunna try riding double, once my sister has the balls to do it.|||I do alot of ground poles - but thats my english background poking through.


I love a horse that I can ride through the trails while grooming the trail and not have freak out (grooming trails = cutting low hangling branches)


Try mounting and dismounting from a variety of places.


Can you already ride with just a halter and lead rope? Its quite handy to do this while catching them in the pasture.


Hell I just like riding my horse bareback through the woods. It makes me feel more at peace with nature and the natural world.|||Try around the world so he gets used to people moving around on his back, and riding with just a halter. Jumping bareback is super fun, you will be just as addicted to it (if not more so) that riding bareback, and double isn't a bad idea, just make sure the weight isn't too much for him. Sidesaddle is fun too, just don't do it for too long at one time or you could mess up his back --you might fall off at first though, I can't even tell you how many times I fell off when I first tried to trot sidesaddle|||Like someone said, sidesaddle is tons of fun bareback haha. Its hilarious when I do it, because I always fall off at this one point. But its not really a fall, you just slide down and land on your feet and I laugh and get back on. I also jump bareback, gallop, work on dressage stuff, etc. I do everything bareback that I do in a saddle, and more. :)|||side saddle is fun when bareback:) me and my horse cowboy do that all the time.|||Once, me and my friends rode TRIPLE on my horse.Walk, jog, lope... it was a lot of fun!


You can also do some jumping, go swimming with them, do some games (Like egg on a spoon, barrels, poles), relay races, trail rides, ETC

No comments:

Post a Comment