Friday, December 2, 2011

Vaulting Lessons? :)?

Hello,


Well i am 15 and I have always wanted to ride. I have never really been interested in English or Western but I have liked other diciplines, such as Vaulting. I could never find any vaulting stables until the other day! The stable charges $150 a month for 2hr per week lessons. Each lesson is 2 hours! Thats a great deal! Usually lessons are $150 a month for once a week 1hr lessons! They offered me to come down and check out the stable. I'm just wondering, what should I expect in the lessons. Would it mostly be stretching and practicing on a fake stand? Or would I also be learning horse care?|||You'll most likely be learning it all. Most instructors like you to know how to take care of a horse if your going to ride. You'll be stretching, learning balance, basics of riding etc. also. When you go check it out, ask the instructor or other people around the stable about what she/he teaches.|||I've never tried vaulting though I've always wanted too. At our barn we have a girl doing vaulting and she has a private instructor come to the barn. I've gotten to watch a lot of her lessons. I bet your going to be spending an hour on the ground and an hour on your horse. But, all instructors are different. My instructor taught me a lot about horse care too. Some instructors are different so try asking yours if you'd be learning that.|||Why don't you ask them when you go check out the stable?|||If you're not learning horse care you need to. That is the most important aspect of riding. If you don't understand horses you won't be able to communicate with them very well.





I took trick riding lessons, but it was after I had years of experience with horses. The thing about trick riding is that if horses spook you are not always in the best position to correct. I STRONGLY recommend taking some lessons before trying vaulting. I'm not saying that you can't do it, I'm just saying that it will probably be better for you and the horses you are riding if you have some experience. I've been riding for years, and I have been thrown off of some horses that are supposedly 'bombproof'. Horses spook, it happens. If you're not prepared for it/don't know how to deal with it, you are taking a much bigger risk than if you knew how to react.

No comments:

Post a Comment