Friday, December 2, 2011

What does it mean to move a virus to the vault?

I have AVG free and it said it just detected a trojan horse and wanted to know if I wanted to move it to the vault, or ignore it, so I clicked 'Move to vault'. What exactly does this do and what's a trojan horse virus?|||Most of today's viruses (Trojan horses, I-Worms, Worms, etc) create their own files which contain nothing but a body of the virus. In such cases the only way to remove the infection is to delete the infected file. When you moved the file to the AVG Virus Vault it was deleted from its original location, coded, and then saved in a non-executable file in a hidden folder. Your PC is no longer infected then.





If you are not missing any data file and your applications are running, then you can delete these vaulted files from the AVG Virus Vault program.|||keep it there, trojan horses are sometimes impossible to delete, it cost me re-installing my system

No comments:

Post a Comment