Friday, December 2, 2011

Horse party ideas & invitations (im not a kid either)?

I'm turning 21 next month %26amp; have been riding (english %26amp; vaulting) all my life etc etc.





So i thought i would have a horse themed party. I am having it at a farm (historic winery) set in a country atmosphere. It is very sophisticated though (place where primarily weddings are held etc)





So i cant do the kid party setting etc.





The only idea i have at the moment for invitations is a real horse shoe (used from farrier) then attach cardboard invitation.





I am having a 3D cake "2" %26amp; "1" the two will be a horse head and the one will be a horse leg. Or a horse head coming out of a cake. Hope that makes sense.





I need ideas for table decorations etc etc.





I'm a really creative person so i don't mind putting work into it.





Note i ride english...


I didn't want a cowboy or indian theme as this isnt my style





I didn't want to put this question in arts etc because i want horse ppl answers...





thankyou in advance











|||just as they do at major parties/weddings, guests are assigned to certain tables. Your table should be names "horse breeds" such as... Your table is thoroughbred/paint/hanoverian/appolousa.鈥?so on.





idk i thought it was cute lol|||1) Get some white paper bags, like brown lunch bags but white unless you want brown? Trace and cut out a horse stencil with some cardstock paper. Glue stencil to the inside of the bag. Place a candle in the bag and when it's lit a horse silouette will appear. This is less expensive then buying horse votive candles.





2) Just get some cool pictures of horses (black and white pics will look classy) and take them to a place that can make bigger prints. You can set these up on the tables.





Since your 21 you will most likely have wine at the party.


Here are some cute wine toppers :)





http://www.horse.com/Horse.com-Exclusive鈥?/a>





I'll post more once i find more stuff!! I love parties!





~UPDATE~


If you have model horses like breyers you could use those as decorations on the tables.|||Why not get some sliding shoes and just use paint pens to write the invite on them. sliding shoes are normally pretty wide and flat and should be able to hold all the details. (I fit my daughters party details on a wooden mixing spoon when she had a chef b-day, so I'm almost positive it will fit on the shoes).


also, I wouldn't do an extravagant child like cake. Your 3D cake idea is cute don't get me wrong. but it better suits a child's birthday party. I would suggest a sophisticated layer cake that is tooled and iced out in horse shoes. It's not to made up, but will still look great as a party center piece.


Have the old fashion Pin the tail on the donkey/horse/zebra game(which should be fun if alcohol is served)


As for table decorations- nice table cloths with the center decked out in horse shoes, bits, and riding crops.


For party gifts- horse shoe necklace and earrings for the gals(you can find at litterally any horse expo or flea market for cheap and still look good) and a nice horse shoe key chain or wallet clip for the boys.





Have fun, and remember to keep it older and more mature. You are 21 and decking out extravagant colors, ribbons, and plastic decorations is going to look child like and immature.

No comments:

Post a Comment