Friday, December 2, 2011

For fun, How much would you pay for my horse?

Just for fun...how much would you pay (if you had unlimited money..) for my gelding? Heres his info:


- age 23, still has got TONNES of spirit!


- Quarter horse cross


- Always a winner in the hacks, and hunters


- PERFECT form over fences!


- Lots of show miles


- has done cross country, dressage, jumpers, vaulting, trail riding, barrel racing, wp, but specializes in the hunters


- Easy to ride, not spooky at ALL (even when there are drooling wolves beside him, or gunshots...)


- lunges well


- never coliced with me- even when he ate a bale and a half of alfalfa, bucket of molasses, and a bunch of grain, sweetfeed ect.


- I have gone bareback in a halter on him loads of times! The other day I was on a three hour trail ride in the middle of nowhere with him bareback and on a halter...no problems.


- doesn't even notice when a semi truck goes by


- very responsive, he uses a dee ring french link


- has jumped up to 3' in grids


- perfect for beginner, or advanced


- schooling 1st level movements


haha, I know this ISN'T safe for me, but just to show how cooperative he is...I have ridden him bareback in a halter, backwards, with my eyes closed over a cross pole...lol. I did that about a year ago with my friends (it's fun!). He has got great conformation, can be ridden by anyone.


- autochanges when he's jumping, flyingchanges when he's not


- UTD on worming, vaccinations, ect


- You can sit under his stomatch and he won't do anything (i've done it before..haha. again...not safe just in case..)


- Good with other horses, not snorty


- my six year old sister has ridden him with it being her first time on a horse, he just walked around quietly haha


- VERY easy keeper over the winter!





Soo...how much would you pay for this horse?


Here are some pictures of him:


http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/鈥?/a>


http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/鈥?/a>


http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/鈥?/a> (this video was taken when I first started riding, and when I first started teaching my horse to jump, this was in 2008...)


http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/鈥?/a>


http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/鈥?/a>





If I had a camera cord for my video camera I would upload %26amp; make a video..but I dont :( Otherwise I have videos of every single horse show I've been to. sorry- no conformation shots, I just wanted to do this for fun :)|||I would say about 10,000$... more if he was younger, but due to his age, he is at risk for arthritis, and other "old-folk" stuff... not that I'm saying that he'll get those kind of things, because it seems that you take good care of him, but the price of him could easily go up to 20,000$ if he was younger.|||Aw he's perfect!!! He sounds EXACTLY like what i'm looking for (experienced Hunter, older, show experience, great for first horse) :) I'd probably say about $5,000 because of his age...if he was younger I'd offer you a TON more :). Does he need any supplements? Is he shod? -those affect my offer lol.


UGH I wish I could find a horse JUST like him in my area!!|||i would pay 4-5k for him...he seems like a nice horse, but i would really have to ride him to see if i like him ;)


his age brings him down also. He could go lame at a drop of a dime and no one wants that!|||$15,000|||I would say even with all the experiance I would pay no more then 2500.00-3500 cause of his age! EVEN though we have a 31yr old mare who is still out running our OTTBS you just never know at that age! If he was 10-12 u could probably easily get 8-10,000.00








VERY VERY CUTE THOUGH!|||In today's market? $1000, tops. Seems like a nice horse, but 23 is old and 3' isn't that high- Not very tight with his knees although he is square, and what I'm seeing is a small fence so he may just not deem it worth the effort. If he was younger he'd be worth much more, but as is....





Seems like a nice horse overall and a great one to learn on though. It's a shame there are not more like that- A been-there, done-that horse is what everyone needs to start out on.|||His age brings down his price quite a bit. Even if he still has spirit, he's not as limber as he was when he was 12! So $6000 tops.|||im sorry i cant really answer th question but i just wanted to say Alice H 3' isnt that high for jumper but for hunter( witch is what she said she does ) its perfect this is an amazing horse if he were younger he could go for a lot of money!!!!!|||Aww. If he were younger, 15k EASY.





But because of his age, I could only go 5k TOPS. It doesn't make much sense to invest so much in a horse that may only last a few more years.





But he's beautiful! And very talented! I know this was just for fun but NEVER sell him! You've got a good one on your hands. And those can be pretty rare!!!!|||I'd pay around $1500. He seems like a great horse, but his age works against him.|||I would say about up to 5k. If he was younger, probably more, but he'd more than likely make a wonderufl teaching horse.|||sounds like a push-button pony. i wouldn't buy him. sorry XD just sounds boring. he might be good for my sister though, her horse is too much for her and she loses her confidence so i end up riding her.|||He sounds like a perfect horse to learn on or for a beginner rider--and for a rider like that, I'd pay maybe a couple of thousand for him, because he could so easily fill a niche. His age would be a problem for me; even though he's going strong now, there's too much of a chance that he'll experience problems sooner rather than later. Also, while he's cute and probably does well locally (as you said), his form over fences (judging from photos) isn't top notch or good enough to win at bigger shows. There are plenty of horses with his ability that can do well at lower level/local shows. Don't take that the wrong way--he sounds wonderful! If I were looking for a great starter horse, a kid's horse, or something like that and he had all of the qualities you mentioned/I see in pictures, I'd probably give you between $1k-$2k. If he were younger, I might be willing to go up just a little--maybe $2k-$3k. He's cute though!|||i would probably pay about $1000


because: he needs shoes which cost a lot (for me) and he is 23


but other than that he sounds perfect! btw hes soooo pretty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment