Friday, December 2, 2011

If a trojan horse is found during a computer scan & you move it to the vault, do you need to change passwords?

Recently I have gotten posts on my facebook wall that my picture "has been posted" on two other websites. I ignored it thinking it was some type of spam, and never entered in any information. I have two laptops that I go back and forth between using, and both have come up with trojan horses during the past week of scanning. I have it set up so that they automatically scan every night. The trojan horses are then put into a vault. I am assuming my computer is protected, right? Do I need to go through and change any passwords to emails, online banking, or facebook? Or am I doing the right thing and should just continue to handle it the way I have? |||It seems all is okay. You're doing the right thing.


However if you are getting trojans you are getting them from somewhere.





Don't rely on just a virus scan, they don't catch everything.


Also run the following





Malwarebytes


http://www.malwarebytes.org/





Ccleaner (will clean up crap after going online)


http://www.ccleaner.com/download





|||well it is always good to change ur passwords on a regular bases---i do once a couple months ---u didn't say what u scanned with to find the virus's


BM has a point and if u had trojan vundo u need to run vundo 7.0 to fix it--is free----to really get everything --u need to run highjackthis log and post in a forum like bleeping computer or follow the instructions at majorgeek.com in the malware spyware section(info box on the right side home page)


good luck and safe computing

No comments:

Post a Comment